Thursday, December 24, 2009

Lucky Number 10

Google chrome is a web browser like Internet Explorer or Firefox, which is developed by Google itself think it’s faster than Internet Explorer web browser. I started using it more often when I am working and in a rush to get information. I like the fact you can customize how it looks from different themes and you can arrange the way it presents, it can be as thumbnail or as a list. It also saves tabs and sites that you have closed from previous sessions.


Google has made so easy for many people around the world, moon and mars to travel and see different aspects of information with pictures and videos of a country, city or an ocean. It was interesting to locate areas at the map to its smallest detail such as a road located in a city. I did all this in Google Earth

I don’t think I will ever be a loyal account holder to Gmail unless I have many people on my list an actually used their Gmail account or drag them in using it. I liked the Gmail account because it was easy to use

Google Docs is one of my favorite tools that I have been using. I really do think it is very useful and comes in handy when your laptop isn’t working and you have all your files stored in. Google Docs saves the day, that’s only if you have uploaded your folders into it. Another reason why I like this tool is because you can share it with others and also sharing it without having to worry if they got the documents needed. Once you just have you friend or team member as a collaborator then you are set to go.

The only calendar that I have actually used for maintaining and to write down my task exams and assignment was in Google calendar. It has helped a lot with organizing and being able to keep up with what I needed to do. This calendar was more welcoming, in term of use than any other calendar that I have used in the past.

Google Finance was the least interesting to me and maybe because I didn’t think that I could use apply it to my life unless I have this big urge to own a stock or bonds or anything to do with finance. Maybe not now will it come in handy for me, sometime in the future. But I thought it was really useful when looking up companies’ information and profile. It gives us a chance to see the financial statements of a firm both income and the balance sheet. We can download charts and play with its shape and design.

I think that one of my favorite tools would be the Blogs. I used to own a blog but I don’t remember its usernames or its password, but having another chance to create a new one and blog on it made me realize that I really used to enjoy blogging. Having to do the blogs for the Google project made it easier for students to open about topics and issues from the college and outside and how everyone has their own different opinion and attitudes on some similar to different topics. As it is for the Google Blog Search, this tool is easy to use it makes it easier to look up blogs that may interest you. It works like a Google search engine but this is just for blogs.

Creating sites and design is one of many things I enjoy doing, and since we are applying Google tools in our studies or life and if you enjoy creating websites, Google Sites gives you the chance to enhance your creativity skills and publish your website for free. You can create more than one website and have it other languages. It is easy to navigate around the tools and options.

I Google is a great way to get all the important sites and personal items in one page, where you can categorize these items into different tabs. Once you have created what you need as a main folder, you can ass gadgets through and images provided by the search link in I Google. You can customize the locations of your items inside the tab.

Google Alerts, It’s a one easy tool you can use when you want to be updates from other websites on new information and situation happening around the world or from sites that you visit more often used it for my project, so it can alert me on various topics and statistics about the UAE.

Google Picasa and Picasa web, these two functions were my favorite of them all, it’s the only function that I thought you can be creative and enjoy life with pictures, colors and shapes. In Picasa is an easy program that can help you edit your pictures, create videos, Geo tag your pictures or buy prints online. One you have done the changes you needed to your images, you can upload them easily online through the Picasa web. When you log on to picas web you can share is with the public or specifically with friends and families.

Google Desktop, this is tool is really good if you such a busy person and love things organized and in hand for you. You can add some of Google’s feature to your desktop for easy access. You can also add the alert that has been customized.

Google Groups function is similar to a discussion forum where people can join and share ideas images files and folders. you will need togo through 2 steps. The first is to fill in the form about you and what is the main purpose of the group, next step would be is to add you freinds or familly that you would like add to the group.I have a group but there were no respose from who i have invited.

Google Reader is a Web-based aggregator, capable of reading Atom and RSS feeds online or offline. It was released by Google. You can share many items with other online .this function work offline and online mode and you can Also access through a mobile device. there many keyboars function that you can use, and it also keeps track and automatically marks what you have read .You can also change how you view your reader.

Google Scholar.
This Tool is like the search engine that helps people to look up information. But the difference would be is that its more into articles and papers and from books. Somehow like Google Reader.once you specify your keyword search you can get many listed options. And you get to choose the date you want and it also offers citations to some articles depending on your search results

No comments:

Post a Comment